A bequest is a charitable gift you leave to Global Exchange in your will or living trust. Bequests are primarily gifts of cash, securities, real estate, and tangible personal property. By naming Global Exchange as a beneficiary in your will you can make a lasting difference for the cause of human rights and social, political and economic justice around the world.
- Specific Bequest -- a specific dollar amount, percentage of the estate, or piece of property set aside for Global Exchange.
- Residual Bequest -- a remaining amount (or residue) paid to Global Exchange after your estate pays all debt, taxes, expenses, and specific bequests.
- Contingent Bequest -- a bequest paid only if certain circumstances occur. For example, you can specify that Global Exchange be a beneficiary only if there are no surviving close family members.
- You can take unlimited estate tax deductions for charitable bequests.
- You can modify your bequest if circumstances change.
- You can specify what the gift is used for. (Check with us for appropriate language.)
- Your contribution will leave a lasting legacy of your commitment to international human rights, environmental sustainability, and economic justice.