28th June, 2011 - Posted by Tex Dworkin - No Comments
Scores of beautiful and insightful photos are now competing in the third annual Fair Trade Photo Contest. The 12 winning photos will be featured in the 2012 Fair Trade Calendar. Vote for up to 5 Photos by July 16.
Please help share positive and diverse Fair Trade stories by encouraging your contacts to vote in the Fair Trade photo contest, and don’t forget to vote yourself!
The 12 winning Fair Trade photos will be featured in the 2012 Fair Trade Calendar, produced by FTRN and Fair Trade Federation.
Pre-order your calendars today: The 2012 Fair Trade calendar is available for pre-purchase now. The savings are big if you order early. Check out the pre-order early bird prices here. The more you get the more you save.
By making S’mores with Fair Trade chocolate!
Rock your picnic, barbeque or campfire with gooey, chocolatey Fair Trade s’mores.
Why? Because you’ll send a message to Hershey that it’s gotta get child and forced labor out of its cocoa. And you’ll enjoy your s’mores so much more with chocolate that frees kids from child labor and empowers cocoa farmers to free themselves from poverty.
During your s’more-fest, be sure to:
1. Collect signatures on this petition asking Hershey to stop using child labor and become Fair Trade Certified
2. Count the s’mores you eat and register them online
3. Take pictures and videos of yourself with our s’mores poster and email the youtube link or your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Campaign page for more s’mores event ideas and free resources.
LEARN ABOUT BLOCK PRINTING TECHNIQUE WHILE SAVING IN SF THIS WEEKEND
Introducing Summer Saturday Savings! Every Saturday this summer July 2- Sept 3, 2011, the Global Exchange Fair Trade Store in San Francisco will be offering 15% OFF on featured clothing, scarves, tablecloths & kitchen ware, AND much more!
Kicking things off this Saturday, July 2nd, there will be free blockprinting demonstrations, a kids’ station, and customers will enjoy 15% off all summer dresses – just in time for that Fourth of July barbeque.
Learn about the traditional block printing technique used on many Fair Trade pieces this Saturday! Plus, enter a raffle by sharing what ‘independence’ means to you for chance to win a gift certificate to the Fair Trade store.
Where: Global Exchange Fair Trade Store
4018 24th Street
When: 1pm-4pm Saturday July 2nd
More info: Call (415) 648-8068
HAVE YOU WATCHED KERRY KENNEDY’S FAIR TRADE RALLY SPEECH?
Check it out here:
Help the Raise the Bar Hershey folks reach their target of 1,500 video views. They’re aiming for1,500 views. You can help by sharing this link to it on your Facebook page and/or sending out this suggested tweet: Have you watched Kerry Kennedy’s #fairtrade rally speech yet? http://ow.ly/5svir via @gxfairtrade.
LINKS WORTH CHECKING OUT
- ecouterre.com: Michelle Obama Wears Fair Trade
- nctimes.com: SMALL BUSINESS: Angell Bars bring ‘kitchen simple’ to the candy aisle
- confectionerynews: Cocoa shortage by 2020 unless industry acts now, warns Mars
- Harpers Wine & Spirit Trade Review: Origin Wine launches premium Fairtade wine as part of new launches at Vinexpo
- Fair Trade USA: Fair Trade Helps Farmers in Kenya Build Schools
- greenwichtime.com: Greenwich teen champions fair trade movement
- Guardian.co.uk: To profit or not to profit. Is that the question?
- dw-world.de: Filmmaker Romano uncovers chocolate’s dark secrets
- TeaneckPatch: Committee Seeks More Fair Trade Products in Local Shops
Inc.: Gianna Driver, Founder of Gianna Fair Trade
Tags: child slavery, chocolate, cocoa, dark side of chocolate, fair trade, fair trade chocolate, fair trade event, fair trade news, fair trade resource network, fair trade roundup, fair trade s'mores, Fair Trade Store, fair trade usa, hershey
Posted on: June 28, 2011
Filed under: Fair Trade News & Views