12th July, 2012 - Posted by Tex Dworkin - No Comments
Happy Summer everybody! This month in the Fair Trade Roundup, we’ve got a Fair Trade job opening to share with you, a nationwide action involving s’mores, and lots more Fair Trade news. Here we go!
Join the Global Exchange family! Our Fair Trade Store in the Washington DC area is in need of a new rock star Store Manager.
We’re looking for someone organized with retail management experience, excellent customer service skills, and knowledge of Fair Trade and a demonstrated interest in international and human rights and social justice work.
Are you or someone you know that person? Apply today, the deadline to apply is July 23, 2012 and you know what the earlybird gets! Job details, qualifications and application here.
If you’d like to spread the word about this job to folks you think might qualify:
- Tweet this
- Use the Share and Retweet buttons on top right to share this blog post
- Share this message on your Facebook and/or LinkedIn Wall:
Attn D.C. Job Seekers (and friends of D.C. job seekers!) The Global Exchange Fair Trade Store in D.C. is hiring a new Fair Trade Store Manager. Spread the word! http://www.globalexchange.org/jobs#DC
Thanks for helping to spread the word!!
Have you seen the scores of beautiful photos now competing in the 4th annual Fair Trade Photo Contest yet? Only 12 will be chosen by you, the voters, to be featured in the 2013 Fair Trade Calendar. The top vote-getter lands the cover.
Each person can vote for up to 5 photos through July 16.
I voted and it was super easy. Well, the online voting system was. Choosing just 5 wasn’t!
Last year over 2500 people voted for the 78 photos submitted in the contest, co-produced by Fair Trade Resource Network and Fair Trade Federation. This year there are over 80 photo submissions.
So check them out, vote for your favorite five through July 16th, then look forward to the 4th annual Fair Trade Calendar. Calendar shipping begins August 1th.
Oh, and by the way, if you want to purchase the 2013 Fair Trade Calendars and get the earlybird discount of 10-15%, order now through August 12.
Global Exchange is joining activists nationwide in calling on Hershey and the rest of the cocoa industry to END grinding poverty and abusive child labor in the cocoa fields…by making a statement with our s’mores!
You can help share this important Fair Trade message with Hershey and contribute to Global Exchange’s goal of making at least 1,000 Fair Trade S’mores between the Fourth of July and Labor Day weekend.
- wibw.com: Obama Pushing For Fair Trade
- Fair Trade Towns USA: Save the Date, National Conference
- Fairtrade International: New Fairtrade Chief Executive Announced
- Femalefirst.co.uk: Olympic hopeful supports Fairtrade food at London 2012 Games
- Fair World Project: Open Letter to Fair Trade USA CEO Paul Rice
- The Washington Post: Groups advocate fair trade in dairy industry, ask consumers to pay more for milk to save farms
- Co-Operative News: Trade Standard Draft of FTUSA Open for Public Comment Through August 3
THE FAIR TRADE ROUNDUP AND YOU!
• Subscribe to our Fair Trade blog to receive new Fair Trade blog posts automatically.
• News to share? If you’ve got big Fair Trade news to share, email me.
• Enjoy this Fair Trade Roundup? Then click the Share and Tweet buttons on the top right of this post to share with others. Thanks!
Posted on: July 12, 2012