25th September, 2013 - Posted by Tex Dworkin - 1 Comment
Fair Trade month is coming up fast, so this Fair Trade Roundup has lots of info to help folks plug into this exciting time, plus fresh Fair Trade news picks in the “News to Peruse” section. Hope you enjoy!
- Featured Fair Trade Update: Prepare for October/Fair Trade Month
- Global Exchange Fair Trade Update: Fair Trade Your Halloween
- Fair Trade News to Peruse
1) October is Fair Trade Month. Think Fair. Be Fair!
Join Fairtrade America and Fair Trade Resource Network (FTRN) in celebrating National Fair Trade Month. The theme for this year’s festivities is: “Be Fair.”
Here are details from FTRN’s Executive Director Jeff Goldman:
We invite you to join us in celebrating National Fair Trade Month this October, as we raise awareness and encourage more people to enjoy Fair Trade products in their daily lives – and in doing so support so many families to have better living standards.
We encourage you to participate in any or all of the following ways:
1. Attend an existing event – follow the growing list of planned events at Events Calendar.
2. Let us know about your Fair Trade Month plans – and send photos! – so we can help promote your good work via our social media channels and Events Calendar.
3. Request Fair Trade product samples and educational materials from Fairtrade America
4. Enter a Prize Drawing for one of five Fairtrade gift baskets – find out how to enter starting October 1st.
2) Global Exchange and Equal Exchange are teaming up to Fair Trade Your Halloween.
Global Exchange will soon be launching 31 fun ideas and activities that will have you drinking Fair Trade coffee, taking a Fair Trade pledge, hosting movie screenings, baking delicious Fair Trade goodies, and giving out Fair Trade chocolates to trick-or-treaters.
Halloween Action Kit!
You’ll also be able to order a Halloween Action Kit to help spread the Fair Trade word. (Look right for your first glimpse at this action-oriented kit!)
Each kit will include postcards, an Equal Exchange coupon, decorative papel picado, a Halloween window poster, a DVD copy of The Dark Side of Chocolate, and a dozen Equal Exchange mini chocolates.
So get ready to Fair Trade Your Halloween! Bookmark FairTradeHalloween.org so you are in the know when the campaign and kits launch. (There’s a limited supply of action kits available.)
3) Fair Trade News to Peruse
- feelgoodstyle.com: Emma Watson: Evolution of an Ecofashion Leader
- Global Research: Coffee Crisis in Central America: Support “Fair Trade”
- Co-operative News: Free Materials & Products Available for Fair Trade Month Celebrations
- Fair Trade Towns USA: Go Bananas for Fair Trade!
- Greener Ideal: Crafty Cotton – not half as innocent as it looks
- The Packer: Wholesum gets Fair Trade-certified, expands packaging
- Global Coffee Review: Fairtrade Access Fund distributes US$3.7m
- Hollywood.com: Kelly Clarkson jetted to Peru for fair trade campaign
- Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA): 200 mayors support Fair Trade in the post-2015 development agenda
THE FAIR TRADE ROUNDUP AND YOU!
• Subscribe to our Fair Trade blog to receive new Fair Trade blog posts automatically.
• News to share? If you’ve got big Fair Trade news to share, email Tex Dworkin.
• Enjoy this Fair Trade Roundup? Then click the Like and Tweet buttons on the top right of this post to share with others. Thanks!
Posted on: September 25, 2013