Author's Spotlight: Jocelyn Boreta
Jocelyn has committed herself to arts, activism and economic justice through her undergraduate studies in Cultural Anthropology and long time work with the Global Exchange Fair Trade Program. She began her time with Global Exchange in 2003 as an intern with the Economic Justice Campaign working with Leila Salazar to target large scale producer Levi Strauss in the settlement of the Saipan Lawsuit. She continued her work in 2005 at the San Francisco Global Exchange Fair Trade store where she continues to work today as Buyer and Manager. Jocelyn takes action through her work in a variety of ways; she works to support Fair Trade producer groups around the world by investing her time in grassroots craft projects and economically just production, and by opposing a system of corporate exploitation and greed.
Posts by Jocelyn Boreta:
- Choosing Fair Trade Over High Rent
Sneak Peek at a Fair Trade Buyer’s Picks for Fall
- September 12, 2013 in Global Exchange Store Updates
- Finding Potential in Paper: Upcycled Newsprint for Fathers Day!
- Mom Wants Her Raw Materials Sourced Right
- Fair Trade Vs. Local: A Big Decision for Your Neighborhood Fair Trade Store
Weaving Sustains Family During Harvest Time in the Mayan Highlands
- October 10, 2012 in Global Exchange Store Updates
- Global Exchange is Hiring: PT Fair Trade Sales Associate for D.C.
- Build Your Own Fair Trade Dia de los Muertos Altar
- Beyond the Label: Building Better Fair Trade Businesses
Fair Trade Chocolate’s Journey from Bean to Bar
- August 12, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
Fair Trade Fashion Show this Saturday
- August 5, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
Economic Justice for the Cocoa Farmers has never Tasted so Good
- July 28, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
Dominican Republic Fair Cocoa Harvest Report Back
- July 26, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
A Million Hearts for Haiti
- July 22, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
From the Native Olive Trees in Palestine to Your Table
- July 14, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
Fair Trade Summer Dress Celebration Coming Up!
- June 28, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
Art from Trash — Recycling at its Finest!
- June 24, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates
Fair Trade and The Green Movement
- February 17, 2010 in Global Exchange Store Updates