14th November, 2012 - Posted by Admin - 2 Comments
Throughout our near-25 years we’ve been proud to share the esteemed company of thousands of passionate, bold, and dedicated people, like you.
Your volunteering, your steady contributions, your protesting (at home and on the streets), your consideration for socially responsible travel, your Fair Trade shopping and your faith in justice – all of these actions mean the difference between dreaming a better world for people and the planet and actually making it happen.
To express our gratitude, some Global Exchange staff members gathered together recently to come up with a way to thank the people who make all of our work possible.
The result is this short n sweet video filled with messages of thanks that come from the bottom of our hearts. We hope you enjoy it! (Oh, and keep an eye out for Abad’s cameo – Global Exchange’s friendly Labrador – who got caught with his tongue out!)
Does the gratitude train stop here?
Not at all!
This week, we’re also sharing stories of a few (five, to be exact) of the amazing individuals, like you, who make our work possible:
- Matt Ramsden, member and supporter, who keeps buying prize drawing tickets even though he has not won yet, all to support the work he cares about.
- Jenny White, superstar volunteer, chocolate lover, and scourge to corporate lobbyists.
- Jennifer Carino, former employee turned Global Exchange Monthly Supporter.
- Lea Murray, took a Reality Tour to Venezuela and came home inspired to share what she’d seen.
- and Lyla Seo, puts her values first when she shops Fair Trade at our San Francisco store.
There you have it, two different mediums, one important message, to say:
P.S. If you want to see all of the thank you pictures from the video (plus a few extras!), you can check them out at your leisure on our Facebook page.
Posted on: November 14, 2012
Filed under: Building Positive Alternatives, Community Rights, Donor Profiles, Fair Trade, Featured, For Our Members, Freedom to Travel to Cuba, Global Exchange Community, Global Exchange News & Events, Human Rights, Mexico, Peace, Democracy and Human Rights, People Power, Not Corporate Power, Reality Tours