27th November, 2012 - Posted by Kirsten Moller - 3 Comments
Global Exchange has been a part of the What About Peace? youth art contest for six years, but this is the first year we’re offering notecards featuring some of the artwork. We’re quite excited about this, and hope you are too!
For this first run, we’re offering a collection of three beautiful designs, all past “Honorable Mention” winners.
The cards are available now for your holiday and New Year’s greetings!
The card designs reflect the urgent, dignified and playful call for peace envisioned by three talented young What About Peace? contestants.
A set of 9 cards (3 of each design) is yours for a $10 donation to the project. The 4” by 5 ½” cards are blank inside with plenty of room for your personal holiday greeting (or any greeting for that matter, since peace is embraceable year-round.)Here’s more about the artists:
- Christina Schebleim of New York has created a colorful watercolor grid of peace signs subtly including the words change and possibility in the pattern.
- Alayna Miller from Michigan calls on us to “Take Time to Converse About Peace” with a playful circle of sneakers spelling out the word “Peace”.
- Allie Whitham of Oregon’s peace dove, “Peace Comes from Within” is constructed of hundreds of black and white peace doves with a simple olive branch in its beak.
- Support the contest designed to give creative voice to youth who want to engage in the dialogue for peace: Order your Peace cards today!
- What About Contest Seeking 2013 Entries Now! Do you know any 14 – 20 year olds? Send them this link to the contest guidelines. – The deadline is February 15. More than $2500 in prizes are offered to winners and their sponsors.
- Keep up with the What About Peace? contest: “Like” What About Peace? on Facebook.
Posted on: November 27, 2012