The budget agreement recently passed by Congress and signed by the President makes it more imperative than ever that we focus attention on the wars and the wasted billions going to the Pentagon.
Global Exchange has joined War Times and hundreds of other organizations in endorsing the recently launched Jobs Not Wars petition campaign. If you have not already done so, we urge you to sign the petition and forward to your friends and colleagues.
On Election Day, the American people voted and made their voices heard.
We rejected deficit reduction at the expense of working & middle class Americans, the poor & elderly. We rejected more tax breaks for large corporations and the wealthy. Corporations and the wealthy have “raked in” all the benefits while everyone else has suffered economic loss.
One of the best ways to reduce the deficit is to put people back to work – it’s time to invest in our people and our communities.
Congress and President Obama must do the will of the people, including:
- End the War in Afghanistan now, bring all our troops home and care for them when they return
- Create jobs – invest in our communities and our people to grow the economy and put people back to work;
- The wealthiest citizens and corporations must pay their fair share
- Focus on negotiation and determined diplomacy rather than military power
- We must invest in America’s future, create jobs and grow the economy.
Our priorities are clear: Jobs & Economic Growth, End the war in Afghanistan now, and substantial cuts to runaway Pentagon spending.
SEND THIS MESSAGE TO THE CONGRESS AND THE PRESIDENT by signing the Jobs Not Wars Petition. Keep the pressure on – remind Congress and President Obama that they work for the American people.
Posted on: January 16, 2013