Author's Spotlight: Pamela Montanaro
Pamela Montanaro, M.S., coordinated the nation-wide "Freedom to Travel to Cuba" Campaign for six years, on behalf of Global Exchange and a network of fifty other U.S. civil liberties, human rights, humanitarian, academic, environmental, and solidarity organizations. Ms. Montanaro has twenty years of experience in Latin America solidarity movements, working first in New England for Clergy and Laity Concerned, and then on the West Coast for Global Exchange. She is the co-founder of Eco Cuba Exchange, promoting interchange between U.S. and Cuban environmental scientists, policy makers and activists. Pamela writes about the extraordinary struggles and successes of Cuba's environmental scientists in Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and how U.S. environmentalists can support and learn from them. She posts updates, as well, on the issue of travel to Cuba, the only country in the world to which the majority of U.S. citizens are denied their constitutional right to travel.
Posts by Pamela Montanaro:
- Help fully regain People to People travel to Cuba
Cuba Travel Delayed . . . Again
- September 29, 2010 in Freedom to Travel to Cuba
- End the CUBA Travel Restrictions Once and For All!
- Obama to Ease Educational Travel to Cuba?
A Big Win for Travel to Cuba: Update
- July 2, 2010 in Freedom to Travel to Cuba
HR 4645, the Freedom to Travel to Cuba bill, Passes out of House Agriculture Committee
- July 1, 2010 in Freedom to Travel to Cuba
- Help Re-Claim Freedom to Travel to Cuba