Author's Spotlight: Ted Lewis
Ted Lewis has worked with Mexican Human Rights and Democracy organizations for two decades. He led hundreds of international observers covering eight Mexican Presidential and regional elections since 1994. He also organized hundreds of international volunteers that accompanied Mexican human rights observers and communities threatened by Army and paramilitary actions. He coordinated the publication of Always Near, Always Far: The Armed Forces in Mexico, a groundbreaking publication that gave a platform to dissident generals from Mexico's Army as well as critical voices from Mexican civil society. Since 2006, Ted has led a project to highlight the causes of economic conditions in Mexico drive excessive migration and disadvantage workers throughout North America. In 2008, he edited The Right to Stay Home: Alternatives to Mass Displacement and Forced Migration in North America, a collection of essays critiquing both Mexican and U.S. economic and immigration policies. Currently he is organizing an international civil society observation of the 2010 election process in Colombia.
Posts by Ted Lewis:
- Tom Hayden ¡PRESENTE!
- Can Peace Prevail in Colombia?
- Colombians Vote on Peace; How you can support them!
- One day in the life of the Caravan for Peace, Life, and Justice in Guerrero, Mexico
- El Chapo Recaptured: Not Exactly “Mission Accomplished”
- Church Leaders Support Caravan for Peace, Life, and Justice
- Paris: Why We Must Break the Circle of Insanity
- Guatemala Protests Force Corrupt President to Resign
- Ending the Drug War Tragedy: From Honduras to NYC
- Chapo’s (Second) Escape Highlights Drug War Farce
- Mexican Government Opts for Repression
- Business as Usual With Mexico No Longer Possible as Human Rights Disaster Deepens
- State Behind the Murders of Students from Mexican Teacher College
- Global Day of Action: Support. Don’t Punish.
- Not another U.S. intervention in Iraq
- A Call for Justice on Day of the Victim
- The Glue that Held the Drug War Together is Coming Apart
Don’t Forget About Syria
- March 24, 2014 in World News & Events
- Two Crucial Issues for the Three Amigos Summit
- Voices of Victims Tour Wraps Up, Here Are Highlights