Community Rights Resources
Rights of Nature
Global Exchange hosted a 50 person Rights of Nature & Economics of the Biosphere Summit (October 20-24, 2013) and produced this Summit Reader with new content and updates to previous works.
Global Exchange released a new report for the Rio+20 Earth Summit (June 20th-22nd, 2012), Rights of Nature Planting Seeds of Real Change.
- New Report - Rights of Nature: Planting Seeds of Real Change
- Download the full report (.pdf)
- Get more information on the Rio+20 Earth Summit and our international work advocating for the Rights of Nature.
- Watch our video blog from Rio+20
- Read David Korten's latest article for Yes! Magazine; The Down to Earth Economy.
The Rights of Nature: The Case for a Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth
In 2011, Global Exchange released a new book, Rights of Nature: Making a Case for the Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth. Co-developed by the Council of Canadians and Fundacion Pachamama, the book gathers the wisdom of indigenous cultures, scientists, activists, lawyers, and small farmers to make a case for how and why humans must work to change our current structures of law to recognize that nature has inherent rights.
How to order:
Copies of the book are $15 each (includes shipping for U.S. orders. Write a check to Global Exchange c/o Shannon Biggs and mail to 2017 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 9411 OR contact Shannon Biggs by e-mail: (email@example.com) or by phone at (415) 575-5540 to pay with a credit card. Once payment has been received, the book(s) will be shipped that day.
- Wild Law: A Manifesto for Earth Justice by Cormac Cullinan
- Should Trees Have Standing? by Christopher Stone
- "Reclaiming Democracy: How Communities are Saying 'NO' to Corporate Rights and Recognizing the Rights of Nature" film featuring a presentation by Shannon Biggs and Thomas Linzey (CELDF)
- Read Thomas Linzey's new book about rights-based organizing: Be the Change - How to Get What You Want In YOUR Community
- Listen to an interview with Shannon Biggs on NPR's 'Your Call'
- Watch our new video that explores how fracking is an issue of community rights, not regulations.
- Hear Shannon Biggs speak at the Global Frackdown San Francisco rally on September 22nd, 2012
- Watch the film Gasland
- Check out this tool kit created by CELDF about banning fracking
- Contact the Community Rights Program to find out more about how you can BAN FRACKING in your community
|The Down To Earth Economy.pdf||3.79 MB|