HEWLETT PACKARD ANNUAL MEETING: SHAREHOLDERS AND PROTESTERS TELL CEO MEG WHITMAN: NO PROFIT FROM SEGREGATION
Join Us in asking Hewlett-Packard to stop supporting the Israeli occupation:
Sign our Petition! This petition calls on the CEO of HP to end HP's involvement in the occupation of Palestine, to stop aiding and abetting violations of international law and violations of Palestinian human rights. By signing this petition, you pledge to boycott HP products until this company pulls out of their unethical contracts in Israel/Palestine.
See here for alternatives to HP printer supplies.
Hewlett-Packard - not what you thought it was
We all know the myth: Hewlett-Packard started in a Palo Alto garage. It’s one of those “brilliant, creative local boy makes good” stories. But did you know that today HP is among the top military services companies in the world? HP specializes in technologies to control and monitor large populations and it sells them to prison authorities, immigration police and military regimes. These products are designed to limit human rights and civil rights, and they are a threat to all of us.
• HP’s Basel system is installed at Israeli military checkpoints in the occupied West Bank. These checkpoints are located deep inside the Palestinian area, and the HP system is used to restrict and control the occupied population.
• HP is developing a new biometric identification system for the Israeli government, marking Palestinian citizens. This system takes to a new level of technology the stratification of citizenship rights in Israel, denying Palestinian rights to civil equality in their homeland.
• HP runs the Israeli navy’s information technology infrastructure. The Israeli navy was responsible for the raid on the freedom flotilla in 2010 that resulted in the death of nine activists and the injury of many others. Since 2009, HP has supplied all PCs to the Israeli military.
• HP provided a computerized storage system to the illegal settlement city of Ariel and one of its main distributors works out of another major settlement, Modi’in Illit. Settlements are recognized as illegal and as a major impediment to peace by all countries except Israel.
• HP works with the California Department of Corrections on prisoner data systems and with ICE on immigration status checks. HP products are used by the Iranian and Syrian regimes in surveillance systems monitoring political dissidents.
Social justice groups around the world have been trying for years to discuss these issues with HP, but we have been unsuccessful in getting their attention.
Join The Coalition to Stop HP!
Ask your organization or group to join our Hewlett-Packard boycott pledge
Contact us! Email us at HPcoalition@gmail.com
Learn more about Hewlett-Packard:
- The Economic Activism program website at Global Exchange summarizes our information about Hewlett-Packard, including its involvement in the Israeli occupation, with U.S. prisons and immigration, links to important resources, and information on other campaigns targeting HP. See: www.globalexchange.org/hp
- The Who Profits database of the Israeli Coalition of Women for Peace was the first to expose HP and its complicity in the Israeli occupation. They keep an updated Hewlett-Packard page, which gives a general outline of HP's complicity in occupation projects. Furthermore, Who Profits has published a dedicated report: Technologies of Control: The Case of Hewlett-Packard, which delves deeper into HP's involvement in the occupation industry, including a description of some of the company's 2011 contracts with the State of Israel.
Available for Download: