Take Action: SodaStream
Photo courtesy of Who Profits from the Occupation?
MAKE YOUR HOLIDAYS SodaStream FREE! See here for ideas on how to get involved at a store near you.
A recent action, holiday caroling for peace, called on holiday shoppers in San Francisco to boycott SodaStream. Use SodaStream caroling lyrics for your own action!
So what can you do to change corporate policies? There are many different actions you can take---here are some examples:
- Use one of the many alternatives to SodaStream!
- Educate store owners, customers, and the general public about how SodaStream exploits Palestinian land, labor, and resources, is located in an illegal Israeli settlement, and that their labeling misleads consumers.
- If you've already bought SodaStream, take it back! Or if you know of anyone who has unfortunately made this purchase, ask them to return SodaStream to the store. The more conversations we can have about the illegal settlement production the better.
- If you are flying anywhere this holiday season, check out the SkyMall catalogue and write your comment directly on the Soda Stream ad.
- Support the efforts of existing campaigns, like CODEPINK's Boycott SodaStream camapign. You can sign CODEPINK and Global Exchange's joint petition to Bed, Bath & Beyond CEO Steven Temares protesting the stocking of SodaStream and Ahava products which are both made in illegal Israeli settlements. Also support another existing campaign to boycott SodaStream during the holiday season! Sacramento BDS has initiated a Change.org petition about boycotting SodaStream. Please sign and share the petition at: http://www.change.org/
petitions/tell-stores-don-t-. Lastly, TIAA-CREF, one of the largest financial pension fund providers in the U.S., is invested in SodaStream. Sign this petition asking TIAA-CREF to divest from SodaStream. buy-or-sell-sodastream-3