Action: Occupy Wall Street West
- A day of mass action centered in the SF Financial District involving mass occupation, mobilization, nonviolent direct action and disobedience.
- We ask people, groups, movements and communities from San Francisco, the Bay Area and across California to self-organize and take action with us to disrupt business-as-usual—either at a bank or corporation where you are drawn to act or at one initiated by other participants.
- Many ways to participate without risk of arrest!
- There will be an all-day orientation site at Bradley Manning/Justin Herman Plaza where unaffiliated folks can get information, including where and how to plug into actions, with mobilization times at 6:00 am (Wall St. West starts when Wall St. East starts!), 12:00 noon and 5:00 pm.
- We call on the Occupy movements and the 99% across the region to join us.
- To end corporate personhood! Corporations are NOT people; Money is NOT speech. January 20th is the anniversary eve of the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling, which further privileged corporations over people in our Constitution.
- To expose how Wall St. operates in our midst, attacking our communities, homes, livelihoods, education, environment, democracy, and health.
- To demand that banks stop foreclosing on our neighbors and evicting them from their homes for profit.
- To contribute to ongoing community fights for social and economic justice against banks and corporations.
- To build and mobilize a broad-based, strategic mass movement asserting the people power of the 99% in San Francisco, the Bay Area, California and the region.
Visit OccupyWallStWest.org for more information.