Hershey: Raise the Bar on Chocolate!
Visit the Raise The Bar, Hershey campaign website.
Global Exchange and its Raise the Bar Hershey Campaign allies (Green America, International Labor Rights Forum, and Oasis, and other organizations) are pressing Hershey to end child and forced labor in its cocoa supply chain and start sourcing Fair Trade certified cocoa. Here are some steps you can take to become a part of this movement:
- Join Global Exchange's Fair Trade National listserv, by clicking the link on the right, to stay informed of what YOU can do. Read more about the changes we are asking Hershey to implement.
- Read the Hershey CSR Report and the updated Hershey Report STILL Time to Raise the the Bar. 2011 Edition.
- Host a screening with your friends, family, co-workers, and others of the must-see 2010 documentary on child trafficking and slavery in the cocoa fields, The Dark Side of Chocolate. We do ask that each individual who requests a copy organize a screening for a group of people to spread the word.
- Sign our online petition asking Hershey to source Fair Trade cocoa.
- Read about the developments in the campaign (including Hershey committing to source 100% "certified" cocoa by 2020 - though not necessarily Fair Trade), starting with the Global Exchange Fair Trade Blogs.