Raising the Bar: Desired Outcomes for a Fair Hershey
- Agreement to take immediate action to eliminate forced and child labor in violation of international human rights standards on forced, child, and trafficked labor from Hershey’s cocoa supply chain through:
- tracing its supply chain to the farm level,
- sourcing from farmers who can show through independent verification that they do not use forced labor or child labor,
- asking suppliers to end such practices throughout their supply chain.
- Commitment to sourcing 100% FairTrade CertifiedTM cocoa beans by 2012 for at least one of its top-five-selling chocolate bars that prominently displays the Hershey name.
- Additionally, a commitment to making at least one additional top-five-selling bar 100% FairTrade CertifiedTM every two years thereafter, so that Hershey’s top-five-selling cocoa bars will all be 100% Fair Trade CertifiedTM within ten years.
- Finally, a commitment that the majority of Hershey’s cocoa across all products will be FairTrade CertifiedTM by 2022.