We Want More from our S'mores
It’s summertime – time for some Fair Trade s’mores!
- Sign the pledge to make Fair Trade s'mores this summer. We are hoping to collect 250 pledges this summer!
- Include Fair Trade s’mores in your barbeques and campfires this summer. Or plan a We Want More from Our S’mores picnic in the park (or in the kitchen) or other event with friends, family, coworkers, or the neighborhood.
- Screen The Dark Side of Chocolate. Before or after you make your tasty Fair Trade s’mores, show this film to educate others about child labor in the cocoa fields.
Organize a public S’mores action event or serve Fair Trade S’mores at an event that is already planned within your community, social group/club, congregation, school, or summer camp… and maximize the number of Fair Trade S’mores we make! See our step-by-step checklist.
You can purchase Fair Trade Certified chocolate at your local store. Equal Exchange, Alter Eco, Global Exchange, and Sweet Earth Organics also ship during the summer to certain parts of the US. You can also download this 'Fair Trade Finder' app on your mobile device.
- Show off your S’mores by holding up Fair Trade S’mores photo poster (thanks to the first graders at Manhattan New School for their "Children are More Important than Chocolate" phrase, which we used on one of the posters) or make your own
- Fair Trade Campfire Song: My Favorite Fair Traded Things
- Educational flyers to those around you to raise awareness about Fair Trade