Join the Global Exchange family!
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing attitude
- 2 years of retail experience preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of design established through merchandizing
- Highly motivated and creative
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to take initiative on projects; work independently as well as able to work as part of a team
- Flexibility; ability to work in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice work
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Quickbooks and Quickbooks Point of Sale a plus
- Ability to work weekends and commit to extra hours during the Christmas holiday
- Ability to arrive to work on-time and committed to getting daily tasks done
- Customer service and sales
- Knowledge of store product and a deep understanding of Fair Trade
- Be on time, prepared, committed and engaged in your work
- Store opening and closing procedures
- Able to keep store tidy, clean, and organized
- Maintain a positive, helpful and appropriate attitude towards co-workers and clientele
- Use of Quickbooks Point of Sale and cash drawer
- Be able to participate in physical labor including lifting boxes, climbing on ladders, and
- moving furniture
- Share responsibility for store maintenance, including cleaning the store,
- the bathroom, and taking out recycling and trash
- Support the Store Manager in any additional tasks or responsibilities
- This is a part time position. Must be able to work Fridays and Saturdays. Must be able to commit to extra hours during the month of December. Salary, negotiable based on experience.
To apply, please send cover letter, a full resume, two references, and one additional page concretely answering the following questions:
- Please describe your commitment to Fair Trade.
- Please explain how your job related skills lend themselves to this position. And/or how your life experience and life values can help you fill this position successfully. Please share any retail responsibilities you have had.
- Briefly highlight any other aspects you would like to mention about your suitability for this position.
**Please email your resume to: kara [at] globalexchange [dot] org
***Please do not call about this position