The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the most powerful legislative and judicial body in the world. By promoting the free trade agenda of multinational corporations above the interests of local communities, working families, and the environment, the WTO has systematically undermined democracy around the world.
- WTO rules are written by and for corporations, putting profits above people and the planet.
- WTO rules trample labor and human rights.
- WTO rules render environmental protections illegal.
- WTO rules stand between dying people and the medicine that will save their lives.
- Top Reasons to Oppose the World Trade Organization 
- The Assault on Public Services 
- The WTO Erodes Human Rights Protections 
Read the major updates on the WTO and the movement to stop its expansion:
- WTO Turnaround: Food, Jobs and Sustainable Development First! , Deborah James, www.commondreams.org , December 6, 2011.
- Globalization: Leaving the WTO Behind , Deborah James, www.alternet.org , August 21, 2008.
- Why the WTO Doha Round Talks Have Collapsed -- and a Path Forward , by Lori Wallach and Deborah James, www.commondreams.org , August 14, 2006.
- The Meaning of Hong Kong WTO , www.commondreams.org , January 14, 2006.
- The Walking Zombie of the WTO , commondreams.org, March 12, 2005.
Free Trade impacts on: