The Women's Earth and Climate Caucus (WECC) in collaboration with Global Exchange welcomes you to an exciting Rights of Nature seminar in Richmond, CA September 7th-8th!
In this dynamic seminar we will learn about the historic 2008 event when Ecuador became the first country to include Rights of Nature in its national constitution and then cover movements since then in Bolivia and here in the U.S. as Rights of Nature takes hold as an idea whose time has come. Rights of Nature laws create a right to legal standing, offering citizens, communities, Indigenous peoples, and others a revolutionary new way to protect the vitality of ecosystems.
The seminar will run from 7:00-9:30pm on Friday, September 7th and 10am-5pm on Saturday, September 8th. The cost for both days is $50 and includes all materials. To register, please contact Jordan Vilchez (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Course discussion includes:
- What are Rights of Nature?
- What is happening in the local/ global movement for Rights of Nature?
- How can we change our personal and cultural narrative to create an Earth-honoring society?
- How to understand Rights of Nature personally in our everyday lives
- Enter history in the making!