Cuban Women in Sustainable Food Security and Community
Global Exchange has been contracted by the Women International Leaders of Greater Philadelphia and "People-to-People" License holder NEEM to arrange a “Cuban Women in Sustainable Food Security and Community” research tour to Cuba, January 13-22 2014.
The tour will focus primarily on learning from and exchanges with Cuban women leaders in the fields of ecological sustainability, arts, and culture.
This tour is open only to members and invitees of the association of Women International Leaders of Greater Philadelphia.
Participants for this tour will travel to Cuba under NEEM's People-to-People Special License. Global Exchange is a Licensed Travel Service Provider and will arrange all logistics and airfare.
Program Highlights May Include:
(Itinerary Subject to change)
- Meetings and exchanges with Women leaders in the fields of art, culture, health, and community development
- Visit and exchange with the Federation of Cuban Women
- Visit with the Cuban National Sex Education Center
- Visit to the world renowned Fine Arts Museum in Havana
- Visit to the sustainable mountain community Las Terrazas in Pinar del Rio
- Visits to artist galleries
Cost of Program:
For double room occupancy (based on availability)
10-14 participants..... $2850
15-19 participants..... $2750
20+ participants........ $2625
For single room, add $450 to price.
- All program itinerary activities, accommodations, two meals a day (except for travel days), in-country transportation, preparatory materials, full-time tour leader/translator
Price Does not Include:
- RT airfare from home destination to Miami, airfare from Miami to Havana (Global Exchange will arrange airfare, price to be added), luggage fees and or excess weight, one meal a day, gratuities, expenses of a purely personal nature.
Please enter the customized tour code below to register for the tour. You will be contacted with more information to submit a $500 nonrefundable deposit to reserve your space.
All participants MUST be registered and have submitted their deposits by October 1, 2013.