Reality Tours Photo Contest
To mark the occasion, Reality Tours is hosting a photo contest open to all past Reality Tours participants. The contest will have two awards, one chosen by Global Exchange staff (Grand Prize) and one chosen by public vote on our Facebook Page (Popular Choice).
- The Grand Prize winner will be awarded a $500 discount off a Reality Tour
- The Popular Choice winner will receive a Fair Trade gift package
Submit now, as the deadline to submit photos for both prizes is April 10, 2013 at midnight!
For more information see the submission guidelines below, or if you have any additional questions, please contact Rebekah Olstad at rebekah [at] globalexchange [dot] org or 415.575.5528.
View the winners from other Photo Contests: 2006 | 2007
- Only past Reality Tour participants are eligible to submit photos and be considered for the prizes. To submit, please email corina [at] globalexchange [dot] org up to 3 photos per participant. Only digital copies will be accepted; scanned photos are okay. Please include your name, contact information, and the country and date of the Reality Tour for each photo. The photo may be accompanied by a brief caption.
- All photos will be posted by Global Exchange staff to the Reality Tours Facebook photo contest album. The deadline for submission is April 10, 2013. Voting by liking photos on Facebook for the popular choice photo will end on April 15, 2013 at midnight, and the “likes” will be tallied and the popular choice winner will be announced. The grand prize photo winner will be decided by Global Exchange staff and will be officially announced at the 11th Annual Human Rights Awards and 25th Anniversary Celebration, May 9, 2013.
- The grand prize discount of $500 off a Reality Tour may not be used together with any other discount, and expires August 31st, 2014.
- In regards to the judging process, photos that capture the people and/or the country that you visited are judged very highly. We also appreciate work that includes interaction between you or your fellow travelers with the people you visited. Abstract photos that don't reflect where you have traveled are not ranked as high.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree to allow Global Exchange Reality Tours to use the submitted image(s) in our print and online media. Please specify if you would like to be credited.