Venezuela Vive: Community Development and Popular Movement
Please email Corina if you would like to recieve a sample itinerary for this delegation.
- Travel to Venezuela's educational and health care "missions" and social programs in urban areas and dialogue with participants and community leaders
- Learn about the oil industry--Venezuela's key source of national income--and Venezuela's role in economic regionalization, by meeting with high-level representatives
- Meet with small coffee farmers in the Andes mountains to hear their experience of land reform and ecologically sound farming methods
- Dialogue with religious leaders, labor leaders, women's organizations, human rights groups and Bolivarian circles
- Find out about new programs for women under the new constitution, and perspectives of indigenous peoples and people of African descent in Venezuela
- Visit sites of the Literacy Campaign and learn about its successes and challenges
- Enjoy Afro-Venezuelan music and dance by young people who are reclaiming and celebrating their heritage
- Extend your stay in Venezuela and visit Merida, the Jewel of the Andes; the beautiful archipelago of Los Roques north of Caracas; or the world's highest waterfall, Salto Angel (Angel Falls), each situated in a spectacular natural setting
- Cost assumes double-room accommodation, but if we are unable to pair delegates accordingly, we will assign single-occupancy accommodation at an additional $300
- Two meals per day', 'Transportation to and from all programmed activities
- Language translation
- A qualified delegation facilitator
- All program activities and honoraria to all host speakers, organizations and communities
- Reading materials
- NOT INCLUDED: International airfare, lunches, airport departure taxes, tips, and personal expenses.
- Single rooms are available for an additional $300.
To register, please send in your application form and a deposit of $400. Payments by Mastercard, Visa and Discover are welcome. Deposits are non-refundable unless the trip is canceled by Global Exchange as explained below.
Please note: We must meet a minimum number of trip participants on every trip, so please register early!
To ensure that all participants can plan accordingly, the minimum number of participants must be reached within 30 days before departure, or the trip will be canceled. If the trip cancels registered participants can choose to receive a full refund or transfer to a future group. Once a trip is confirmed (reaches the minimum # of participants) registrations may be accepted up to 30 days before the departure date.
This trip will be as diverse as possible in terms of race, age and life experiences. In some cases, a limited number of partial scholarships are available for low-income applicants.